Date(s) - 06/08/2016
5:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens
It is sundown and the setting sun casts its last rays from behind a green and natural mountain sinking to the splash and drumbeat tuned in to the coming night.
Stretched out on the grassy plain stands many telescopes on tripods and bases, large and small, at the ready for interested visitors.
Join us at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens on Saturday 6th. August to hear and see the magic in our night skies so far, far away.
Arrive from 5pm. Dress very warmly, bring along your picnic basket and flask, blankets or chairs to sit upon. Enjoy an informative and exciting evening with WRAC members and their telescopes.
- WRAC Members with telescopes Free Entrance.
- Adults: R60
- Children under 12yrs: R30
- BOTSOC Bankenveld branch members: Free
- Malcolm Rd, Poortview, Roodpoort
- 27°50’40.7″E 26°05’13.8″S
- Long 27.84463 Lat -26.08716